Saturday, August 23, 2008

God's Love

I hate that I take advantage of the ability to have those that mean the most to me in my life. I've been blessed. I have the most wonderful and supporting family and loved ones. I love my momma and daddy, but I don't let them know often enough.



Today I went to the gym and hung out with one of my good friends, Amelie. She seemed kinda down and mentioned that yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of her mother's passing. Her mom died of brain cancer. She fought it for 3 years. I remember when her mom passed. I remember hearing when her mother was immobile and even later when she could no longer make complete sentences. I remember the progression of the horrible illness and what it did to all of the loved ones involved.



When we walked outside after talking about Amelie's mom, it had rained and there was the most magnificent rainbow in a complete arch panning the sky. Amelie said it was the same rainbow they had witnessed the day of her mom's passing. It was definitely God winking down on us to let Ame know her mom was with Him.



How ungrateful that I haven't enveloped those that are here with me in my love. I do love you all! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilove you too! How sweet you are to think of us. Of coure we always know how much you love us and of course you know we love you more - 'cause we're bigger than you!!! We also love Mike bunches too!
hugs,
Mom and Dad

Stephanie said...

I need to come see you...sometime soon!