Friday, May 23, 2008

Pirate's Booty

Earlier this week, I took Samson and Matilda to the lake for some much needed exercise. I think Tillie was a fish in another lifetime. As soon as she saw the lake, she took off running and dove head first and swam to her heart's content for an hour. I had to make her come out of the water. She loooved it! I knew she loved water because when I run a bath she climbs up and topples in. Then she splashes and splashes and will climb on the back of the tub (it has a ledge like steps in the back) and jump off like she's diving off of a diving board. I guess that should have been a clue. That girlie loves water.


Samson is another story. It cracks me up that the horse of a dog is afraid of everything. If a bush blew and a twig hit him, he would jump and run to me. It's beyond comical. At one point, he was wading in the water (and that's an exaggeration. He never got more than his paws wet) and he saw a rock jutting out of the water in front of him and he got all scared and started growling. Even after I walked up to it and touched it, he thought for sure the rock was going to run after him and bite him. He wouldn't go near it. I don't know that he's necessarily afraid of water, but he's afraid to get too far from me and venture out. He's our sensitive little boy.


Oh, and Tillie found a hidden treasure. Tillie is pretty good about learning when I tell her not to chew on things, but for some reason it's impossible for her to resist sunglasses. If I leave my purse on the floor, she will dig through it until she finds my sunglasses and then take them in the corner and gnaw on them. That's why it's so funny that she found this old pair of glasses along the lake:

She pranced around with them like they were a grand prize or she had just taken them from a ship full of pirates.

0 comments: