Monday, June 30, 2008

The Office

I'm finally up and running! I opened my doors last Monday after a ton of work painting, hanging, measuring, buying and making Dad and delivery men drive all over Texas to get my furniture. Luckily, with the help of Aunt Cindy and Uncle Don as well as used office furniture stores, I was able to completely furnish all 500 square feet in what I consider to be beautifully decorated. Everyone is invited...no, encouraged! to stop by and check it out. A) You know you want to come see me and B) It'll make my neighbors think I'm already really popular and they'll send their friends to the new amazing chiropractor. ;)



Everything is running extremely smoothly. I love my office. It's just the right size and it makes me feel at home. Sometimes I want to sleep here. Ok, not really. But once, I did fall asleep on my adjusting table. I had been up oober late the night before decorating or buying stuff at Walmart or something and I was just going to read my magazine that I bought to furnish the waiting area and poof! I was asleep. For only like ten minutes and then the crazy supervisor of the management company came flying in here screaming about trash stickers or signage or I don't even know what and that was the end of that. I jumped and almost fell onto the floor when I heard her screaming at Michael. He told her I wasn't here. What? Don't judge me. You would fall asleep too under the exact same circumstances.



So far, I've had a grand total of two patients. Whoo-hoo! But they come in twice a week so I've had a couple more adjustments than that. My small business attorney and CPA stopped in today. I'm really lucky to have such great people working with me. My CPA always tells me to trust in God and my business will grow. My small business attorney says he doesn't know how to market because most lawyers are paperwork phenes and don't really socialize much. Lol. Next week, I'm going to go around to neighboring businesses and introduce myself and offer a discount for services. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get my name out there, I'm open to suggestion! I might also run an ad in the local paper. Mike's been working really hard on advertising online, so I have ads on Yahoo! and Google. I was going to join a woman's group, but they break for the summer. I've heard mixed review about the local chamber and BNI but I'll probably join them anyway as long as I have the time. I've heard this is a word-of-mouth town, so hopefully I can find the biggest mouths and treat them first! :D



I'm so excited to help people and know that God put me here for a reason. Even if it is only to help one person. I'm going to give that one person the treatment that they need to get better. The rest is up to Him.

Pictures to come.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sooo extremely happy AND proud of you, Jen! Sounds like your new business is off and running! I can't WAIT to see your new office...until then, I need PICTURES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am soooooo happy!! I can't wait to see it IN PERSON!! I am so proud of you!! Luv ya, Jen!!