Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life Is Wonderful

This weekend, Michael is taking me to Houston for my birthday to see my most favorite musician (and my really the only musician that I somewhat like. Weird, I know. I don't have much of a right brain so music isn't particularly entertaining to me). Anyway, it's Jason Mraz!

Every morning, I listen to his song called "Life Is Wonderful" and it makes me happy and in a good mood to help people. It's full of inspirational lines. My most favorite line is "it takes the dust to have it polished." It makes me feel better about being all dusty sometimes. :)

In other news, I overheard a woman talking about how her child was scheduled to have tubes in his ears due to chronic infections and I wanted to run up to her and yell, "Don't do it!" I didn't, but I was close. I've become a weirdo. :P Pray for me.

Tuesday, I met with my CPA. He was astonished at what I was charging people. This isn't the first person that has told me that my rates are too low, and I know I could be making a lot more money but I'm not in it for the money. He told me I could take time for charity after I pay off my student loans. Humph. My loan payments are lingering in the near future, creeping up in the shadows, ready to pounce on me and strangle all humanity that I have to give. I hate them. But I don't want to make people worry about affording their health care because of them. I refuse to budge! For now. Maybe by a Christmas miracle I can continue on with my low rates and not have to worry whether I can afford rice and beans whilst paying off my student loans? If I will it hard enough, it shall happen!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have to admit that I didn't know who Jason Mraz was so I had to watch a few videos on YouTube! Hope you have some fun and R&R for your b-day!

Anonymous said...

They will come, hang in there.

Stephanie said...

ohhhhhhhhh He is my current fave. He is my ringer. He is the song I play most on the iPod. He is the reason Faith was saying dammit at the table...EEK!! I;m yours. That is my song. Love it. Except for the lone bad word. Have fun!! I am jealous!!