Monday, October 6, 2008

We Survived

It was a tough go, but we made it through Southlake Oktoberfest. It was crazy windy all weekend and pretty warm (I got a fever blister from it :( I put some Vit A on it this morning and it's already shrinking, so no worries) but it definitely could have been worse. The prize wheel was a huge success! The kids saw it from a mile away and would drag their parents over to spin the wheel. We gave away about 100 or so mugs, coozies and pens with my logo so I'm hoping that will generate some business. I also have about 50 or so contacts and I'm expecting at least half of those to become new patients, so it was definitely a success! Mom and Dad were a huge help and poor Mikey sat out there with me all weekend and had to carry all of the heavy boxes with mugs and never complained. I definitely could not have done it without them! Oh, and Tillie was a great salesperson. She brought people over because she's just so darned cute.

After Oktoberfest ended last night, Amelie and I met up with our friend, Lilia from Panama. She came to the states to see her sister and luckily, we had a chance to catch her while she was here. She is 6 months pregnant and oh so cute! She's only been gone a year (since we graduated) and in that time has started her business, got engaged and married and pregnant! Man, time flies. It's funny though, because now I can't picture her not having a pregnancy belly. It fits her so well and I'm so excited to see Raul, Jr.! I'm pretty sure she's having a boy even though I want her to have a girl. Haha. She isn't getting any ultrasounds done because they're really not necessary and doesn't want to shock the baby with sound waves just to find out the sex. Also, she's having a natural childbirth and studies show that the anticipation of finding out the baby's sex helps speed the labor process. She's going to make a great Mommy. (Oh, and Steph, I ended up getting her a Bella Band. The Hotslings were $64 and up and Amelie had already got her a similar gift but it was a Target brand. At least now I know where to find them for the next baby gift, though! Haha. Thanks!)

Now, on to a great week and an even greater weekend! Joshua is coming home Friday! Yay!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! So glad things went well this weekend. Mike is so supportive of you. He's always helping...that's great! I bet Tillie loved being around all those people this weekend! The prize wheel sounds cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well, Jen!! I wanted to go soooooo freakin' bad. I have heard of Oktoberfest and it always has sounded fun.
Please tell me you took pictures of Lilia!! I bet she is so cute with a belly.
I take it that you're coming next weekend. We all need to go out to lunch or something. Luv ya!!

Anonymous said...

tillie did all the work! -Mike

Stephanie said...

UMMM...yeah. Don't buy the hotslings there! I got mine and Shanna's from attachedtobaby.com for MUCH less.

I am glad the fest went well. I had totally planned on coming up for it! Dang those plans that change so suddenly! lol

Love you Jen!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.