Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Creative Thinkers Needed!

Mike thought it would be nice to have a webpage for my patients with a ton of chiro info on it (grand idea indeed!) and I'm trying to think of a suave name for it. I was thinking of "Aligning Life" ???? What do you think? Have any ideas? "Snap Crackle Pop"? LOL. JK.

Also...since no one has suggested any topics that I can rant and rave on, I'll throw a few topics out there and you guys pick the most interesting!
-Kids and chiropractic...ADHD, ear infections, allergies, cranial and atlas subluxations, vaccinations
-Neurology behind a subluxation in layman's terms
-Aspartame, MSG and alternatives
-Supplements...the good, the bad, the essential
-The chiro first aid kit...what everyone should have in their medicine cabinet
-How and why to detox
-Emotional stress and how the body deals
-Common symptoms of the non-adjusted
Or anything else your heart desires. :)

I started back at the clinic and despite having absolutely no pride left in my whole being, I am enjoying getting to treat again. I get questions from the few people left there who actually know me and I sometimes feel like I'm being overly criticized by others there and it's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do; but, I have amazing people that are really helping me out and every day someone makes a small comment of encouragement that boosts me back up to at least sub-par and I finish out the day with a smile.

This morning, I was listening to a Christian broadcast about how God doesn't speak to us through burning bushes anymore (Moses was lucky), but through people's mouths instead. That couldn't be more true. Thank you baby Jesus for sending out those words of encouragement to me these past few days! And, as nerdy as it sounds, (pretty much because it's totally nerdy) I get so elated over being able to diagnose fun ailments. Not that any ailment is fun, but herniated nucleus pulposus and osteophytic IVF encroachment have the same symptoms and putting the pieces of the puzzle together to get the final diagnosis is a trip. :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Jen,
Having two kiddos, I think you speaking on any topic dealing with little ones would be most helpful! As far as the title of your web page...Snap, Crackle, Pop! Ha Ha! I think the first title you chose is a good one! Keep your head up girl! You're doing a GREAT job!! Love ya.

Jennifer said...

I thought of a question for you. How effective is yoga in losing weight? I know I need to take diet into consideration as well (which I'm doing). I need to lose this extra baby weight (20-25 lbs.)
I'm doing yoga daily except for on the weekends. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

You know I am not creative whatsoever!! I'll have to think of something for ya, though. You know it'll be somethin' related to fertility and infertility. I just don't know what, though.

Hey, you have an advantage over everyone else, Jen........you get to get EXTRA experience at the clinic. Everyone else is just jealous.

Jennifer Gallagher said...

I loooove yoga. Actually, I haven't seen very much research on it to be able to give you any scientific answer on yoga specifically. However, I have researched weight loss and what I've found is that everyone has different nutrient needs and therefore everyone needs to eat and exercise specifically to their needs. Some good books with info on that are "Eat Right For Your Blood Type" or "Take Control of Your Health" by Joseph Mercola.

Stephanie said...

um...yeah. I don't think I actually understood the titles to your future posts. But, since I like to learn, I will read them all and soak up the new info. Then probably try to impress someone with my new knowledge. hehehe

I am so proud of you. I LOVE to tell people my cousin is a doctor. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

I would, however, like to request that you take off the word verification thingy. Just for me. I am so bad at those!! For some reason, I can never get the letters right the first time!! hehehe dork I am.