Monday, January 21, 2008

You Are My Sunshine

Why is it that when you look forward to having a day off, it always seems to turn out to be a gray, rainy, drizzly day? I had such high hopes of walking the doggies and getting some vitamin D, but the clouds had other plans. I do believe they get some demented pleasure out of watching everyone scrambling about in the rain trying to pretend it's not pouring down on them in order to savour their days off. I imagine them giving dark fluffy high fives to one another for every large drop that hits someone squarely on their heads. Mean clouds. You just wait until the sun gets sick of your silly antics and pushes you away!

I did, however make it to the Northpark Mall and do some unnecessary shopping. Mike gave me a Nordstrom gift card months ago for my birthday and I attempted to find some pretty something to brighten the dull day. No such luck, probably due to the fact that everything in that store costs $300 and that's if you're looking at the sale rack. Lol. Making my way around the bend, I ended up at the Bare Escentuals tiny entryway and bought new foundation and some sparkly eyeshadow. Happiness comes in such small packages. :D

Oooh. I also booked my flight to Vegas for in a few weeks. All the chiro girls are getting together for a reunion and celebration of all of the engagements and weddings that have/are occuring. It works out because Parker has a huge seminar with awesome classes to sit in on and big names in chiropractic will be there. Good times indeed!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OOOH I love shopping!!! It usually does the trick to brighten my day. I use the Loreal version of Bare Essentials...Bare Naturals, I think. Anyway, I LOVE it! Have a great time in Vegas!

Anonymous said...

You're going to VEGAS AGAIN??? You suck!!
Shopping does lighten my day up for sure!! :)