Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Birthdays!

Today is my friend Tiffany's birthday! Everyone wish her a happy birthday! We shall celebrate tomorrow at a hip place in uptown called Sambuca that she has wanted to try and everyone around will go and it will be a great time. :)

With her birthday, I'm realizing that I am old. Not in number, but in soul. You may laugh, but I am serious. I was talking to another friend yesterday, and we realized that we had spent all of our lives in school and while other people our age have families with children to keep them young, we have our careers. Not that I don't love what I do, but I always imagined having children sooner rather than later because I want to enjoy them while I am young. I say them like there even is a them. Maybe one child someday. The friend I was talking to is 27 and her husband is 30. Those numbers just seem so much older than we are! Ahhh, it's a sad day when you finally face your mortality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You thinking to much. Love the days God blessed you with.

Jennifer said...

No kidding...I know what you mean because I'm turning 3-0 soon. I can't even say it! :(

Anonymous said...

I totally feel the EXACT same way, Jen!! I really wanted to have kids young, also. Every single friend of mine has AT LEAST one child. Some of them are "done". I feel soooo old!!
Hey, didn't Tiffany have a Birthday recently? See what I mean? :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIFFANY......again!!! J/K!! :)