Sunday, February 17, 2008

Airports

I have a love hate relationship with airports. Everyone hates the hustle bustle of people frantically trying to get to their gate and selfishly rude people with no understanding of the fact there there are others in need of reaching their own place of arrival or departure; yet, I'm always awed at the number of different people all gathered in one place. I like to daydream about where each person is headed or where they came from and why. Is the rude girl with way too much makeup who refuses to make eye contact or smile at anyone else going to meet her sugar daddy in Vegas because she doesn't have enough respect for herself to fulfill her own goals and dreams? Is the young man wearing his Army greens coming to or from war, or is that sparkle in his eye pride and a sense of accomplishment from recently finishing bootcamp and excitement in returning home to his family for a warm welcome? How cool is it to think that there are so many amazingly different people in the world and God is able to individualize each one in his own way and give them each their own specific plan? God is cool. So are airports.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

hmm...Dad loves to people watch too. It IS very interesting. But I usually take it too far and start believing the crazy stories I invent about perfect strangers. hahaha

Anonymous said...

I feel the EXACT way, Jen. I love trying to figure out where people are headed or coming from at the airport. I am TOTALLY a people-watcher!! Among the stress and the running ALL over the airport (literally running.....remember), I love watching all the different "kinds" of people.