Sunday, February 10, 2008

Vegas, Baby!

Vegas was awesome! It was so good to see all of the chiro girls. It was just like noone ever left. We had a ton of fun! We went to Margaritaville the first night, which is oddly entertaining with the girl sliding down the volcano into a tub of water and all of the people walking on stealts. One of them made some of the girls balloon hats to wear around. Fun times!

The next day we spent at the chiropractic expo. It's huge and has all kinds of cool alternative health information. Although Lilia and Cori picked out the most lame seminar ever that I had to spend 1.5 hours sitting through, it was really fun to walk through the expo and we saw a lot of alumni that we used to know. That night, we had Lilia's and Katie's bachelorette parties! It was a blast. We made them wear tacky veils and everyone else wore these light up pins that said "party in progress" on them. We ended that night spending everything in our purses on high dollar Wheel Of Fortune slot machines where we obviously didn't win.

The last day, we did some shopping and went to a show at Bally's that was The Price Is Right Live where they had the same guy (Randy something) that used to do the commentary and the host was the guy from Whammy. I didn't get called to come on down and I was really anticipating getting to bid. :( Oh well, I probably would have embarrassed myself anyway! I was way off on the prices of most things. Katie got called for an automatic $10 or something though!

It was a fast trip but all in all it was perfect! I miss the girls so much and considering they were my comfort for the last 3 years, it's been really lonely without them. I don't, however, miss the Sidewalk Cafe and their $20 omelets (that's pretty much all we ate for the entire 3 days). Vegas is expensive, but amazing; especially when you're with such sweet, fun girls. I'm really thankful that I got to spend those rough years slaving at the books with such positive and inspirational people and it's wonderful that we can make it back together every now and then.

No, I don't have any pictures. I left my camera sitting on my kitchen table and noone has emailed out the others but I will post them if and when I recieve them! Bummer, I know.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am super jealous!! I want to go to Vegas SOOOOOOO bad!! It sounds like you had a blast. I bet it was good to see the girls again. It's good that y'all got together to do this. You'll ALWAYS remember these times.